Father Quotes

  1. Father! - to God himself we cannot give a holier name. -William Wordsworth.

  1. The father who does not teach his son his duties is equally guilty with the son who neglects them. -Confucius.

  1. One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters. -English Proverb.

  1. A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty. -Author Unknown.

  1. A wise son maketh a glad father. -Proverbs 10:1.

  1. It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons. -Johann Schiller.

  1. It is a wise child that knows his own father. -Homer.

  1. Father: a role model who gives the gifts of guidance and wisdom while learning how to stretch his ability to love beyond what he knew was possible.

  1. Let us teach them not only to do virtuously, but to excel. To excel they must be taught to be steady, active, and industrious. -John Adams.

  1. A girl's father is the first man in her life, and probably the most influential. -David Jeremiah (Quoted in Fathers Who Dare to Win by Ian Grant, 1999).

  1. I talk and talk and talk, and I haven't taught people in fifty years what my father taught by example in one week. -Mario Cuomo.

  1. The greatest gift I ever had Came from God, and I call him Dad! -Anonymous.

  1. We never know the love of our parents for us till we have become parents. -Henry Ward Beecher.

  1. Parents can tell but never teach, unless they practice what they preach. -Arnold Glasow.

  1. There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. -Victor Hugo.

  1. The love of a father is one of nature's greatest masterpieces.

  1. It is much easier to become a father than to be one. -Kent Nerburn (Letters to My Son: Reflections on Becoming a Man).

  1. Good parents give their children Roots and Wings. Roots to know where home is, wings to fly away and exercise what's been taught them. -Jonas Salk.

  1. It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was. -Anne Sexton.

  1. It is a wise father that knows his own child. -William Shakespeare.

  1. All the feeling which my father could not put into words was in his hand--any dog, child or horse would recognize the kindness of it. -Freya Stark.

  1. Children learn to smile from their parents. -Shinichi Suzuki.

  1. Cultivate your own capabilities, your own style. Appreciate the members of your family for who they are, even though their outlook or style may be miles different from yours. Rabbits don't fly. Eagles don't swim. Ducks look funny trying to climb. Squirrels don't have feathers. Stop comparing. There's plenty of room in the forest. -Chuck Swindoll.

  1. When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years. -Mark Twain.

  1. The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother. -Theodore M. Hesburgh.

  1. By profession I am a soldier and take pride in that fact. But I am prouder -- infinitely prouder -- to be a father. A soldier destroys in order to build; the father only builds, never destroys. -Douglas Macarthur.

  1. Fifty years old: I'd give anything if Dad were here now so I could talk this over with him. Too bad I didn't appreciate how smart he was. I could have learned a lot from him. -Unknown.

  1. To support mother and father, to cherish wife and child and to have a simple livelihood; this is the good luck. -Buddha.

  1. To a father growing old nothing is dearer than a daughter. -Euripides.

  1. My father taught me that one of the most important abilities in life is to be able to take the pain and persevere, and for years this lesson had served me well. -Yanni.

  1. My father once said, 'If the whole world wants to go left and you feel like going right, go right. You don't have to follow. You don't have to make a big deal about which way you're going. Just go. It's very easy'. -Yanni.

  1. I was fourteen when my father died. I missed everything about him. He taught us that we shouldn't be people of success; we should be people of values, because that was the only thing that endured. -Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

  1. Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance. -Ruth E. Renkel.

  1. My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me. -Jim Valvano.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quotes on India : Indian Quotes

Marriage Quotes.

Action : Opportunity,